Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Win a copy of Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


I found this blurb on my friend Christine's blog and it intriged me to go and check out Cheryl Rainfield's blog and read her review of this amazing book. I was instantly hooked and new that I had to get my hands on it soon.
I love to read YA books. At first, I would read them to screen them out for my godchild whom is 13. Now, I think I read them for myself as much as for her. LOL!
I went to the author's site and here is the book blurb that she has posted:
Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When her sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place.
WOW!!! now tell me how could you not want to read this book. If your interested in entering the contest just go to her website and comment on her blog and you'll be entered to win. If you decided to post it on your blog than that will get you another entry. Good Luck...LET THE GAMES BEGIN...

2 comments:

Christine said...

I can't wait to read this. If I don't win it in that contest, I'm going to buy it. And hopefully read it shortly after that. LOL Hopefully.

Nancy said...

I have been on a YA kick lately and hopefully we can both be lucky and win :) ya never know.