Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another reason for me NOT to go skiing

I am a major klutz, my balance is not the best. So, skiing was never something I was interested in. I came really close to getting ski lessons last winter, but chickened out. Then while on the internet today I find this story. I think it crossed my path as a warning......"Don't go skiing or you will loose more than your dignity"

Here is the story an unfortunate soul who became involved in a terrible situation in Vail last friday.
"The chairlift's fold-down seat was not in the correct lowered-down position - causing the man to partially fall through the resulting gap as he attempted to board the lift.
He was prevented from plummeting to the ground below by his right ski, which became jammed in the ascending lift."

OMG!!!! I think he was grasping the branches, but who wouldn't try to grab on anything for help.
Thankfully help came and I bet it could not come soon enough.

OK...now....I know that sometimes your job can suck, but look at the guy underneath the depanted skier. That totally sucks.
I hope that he /she gets paid enough. I bet they will tell this story to family and friends for years and years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that puts a new meaning to "freezing your a** off!" Thanks for the great story...another reason for not going skiing...broken ankles. Scott broke his in 2000 and had to sit out the whole year! Hope all is well...think of you often!
MWAH!

dd03 said...

BWWAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAAHHAAAH*HACK**CHOKE*

*TEARS*

*SUCKS AIR*

AAAHAAAHHHHAA....
>__<

Christine said...

OMG! How incredibly embarrassing. I would have died of exposure. And I don't mean from the cold... I mean from the embarrassment of the exposure. Poor dude.

Gabe and I skied at Vail in 1992. It was so awesome!

Briana said...

Oh.My.Gosh. This just made my day. Ha. I cant stop laughing. That poor guy! Well all those poor people!! Oh man.