Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Neil Gaiman and The Graveyard Book


This coming weekend is full of many events around the bay area and I was debating on where and what to do. Of course it does look like I have forgotten THE ONLY PENINSULA APPEARANCE by all round favorite author NEIL GAIMAN! Now how could I have forgotten him..I do not know, but I must say that I really enjoy his books. Keplers, my favorite independent bookstore is having an event that he will attend this Saturday and I will surely be there. I have begun listening to his new novel The Graveyard Book and am thoroughly entranced. I recommend this small jewel of a book to anyone who wants to read a cleverly written story. This story is about a boy who becomes sheltered by the spirits of the graveyard that he must now call home and never leave or face certain death...Join Nobody and this wonderful cast of characters that are sure to become and instant classic story


The boundaries are always there between the graveyard and the world beyond, between life and death, and the crossing of them.-- Neil Gaiman
Hear this tragic tale: a sleeping family, a talented murderer, and an adventurous toddler -- orphaned, but not assassinated. Small and alone, by accident and luck he escapes the scene of the crime and climbs a grassy hill to safety. At the top of the hill the boy finds a fence, and on the other side, a dark, quiet place.
And what is to become of him? That alone should be enough to have you running to get your copy.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh man!! He was in Manhattan on Tuesday night and I just couldn't swing it. He was going to be uptown and it would have been difficult for me to do without taking the subway for about 100 blocks and I was too chicken.

Can't wait to hear all about it! :)
xoxo

Nancy said...

Christine you would have loved it. He did a special thing with this book tour. He read a different chaper from his new book at each stop and then had it posted on his blog. I loved listening to his voice. It was very soothing, and he did all the character's voices. We also had a sneak peek at his new movie, Coraline.